Sunday, February 05, 2006

Merry Christmas to me

December 25, 2005

Among my Christmas presents, there is a big book, which turns out to be The Bread Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. This is not surprising, because I requested it. (Actually, it wasn't The Bread Bible at first because my husband Jim bought the wrong book, but it became the right book after he returned the wrong one).
I decided to become a bread baker after visiting The Mill City Museum in Minneapolis and realizing that the city (where I live) was practically founded on flour. And I chose Rose to be my teacher because I have her Christmas cookie book, and every cookie I've made out of that book has been excellent, except when I fail to follow the instructions, which is hardly her fault.
I look through the book and decide that I will bake a different bread every week that I'm home during the year. For my first venture, I choose rosemary foccacia bread. The picture in the cookbook looks beautiful.

1 comment:

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.